The third annual National School Choice Week begins today with a Kickoff Celebration in Phoenix featuring none other than the Jonas Brothers. Almost simultaneously, the National School Choice Week Special, a historic railcar, will set off from Union Station in Los Angeles, waving the flag for school choice and pulling in for whistle stop events in twelve cities before a final event in New York City next Saturday.
All told, it will be an action-packed week with more than 3,500 events hosted by education groups, schools, and others celebrating parental choice in education all across the country.
Children’s Scholarship Fund and many of our partner programs are proud to be partners of National School Choice Week. Here are some of the events CSF and CSF partners are planning for the week ahead:
- CSF National will be at the National Review Summit in Washington, DC this Saturday, January 28th, for CSF’s Voice for Choice event, featuring CSF and School Choice Week giveaways. Come and learn about the value of choice in education and voice your support.
- CSF’s Dayton partner, PACE, will host a celebration titled “School Choice-OneVoice-Many Options = S.T.A.R. Students” on Sunday, January 27th.
- More than 30 private schools affiliated with the ACE Scholarships program in Denver and Montana will celebrate with events throughout the week, and ACE families in Montana are planning to attend the National School Choice Week Kickoff Rally in Helena on Monday, January 28th.
- The Cascade Policy Institute, home of CSF Portland, will host a National School Choice Week Policy Picnic on Wednesday, January 30th.
- Our partners at the Northwest Ohio Scholarship Fund are among the groups hosting a Whistle Stop Coffee & Hot Chocolate Reception when the National School Choice Week Special pulls into Toledo on Thursday, January 31st.
Make plans to attend a School Choice Week event near you, and watch www.schoolchoiceweek.com throughout the week for news shining a spotlight on effective education options for every child!